Immigration, Residency and Property Acquisition
The Mauritian Government offers attractive terms for foreigners to move to Mauritius either as an Investor, Professional or Self-Employed through the Occupation Permit, the Residence Permit or the Permanent Residence Scheme.
There are furthermore no restrictions for non-citizens to acquire real estate in special up-market residential schemes such as the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS), Residential Estate Scheme (RES) and Property Development Scheme (PDS) as well as apartments in condominium developments (save on leasehold beachfront land) of at least 2 levels above ground.
At Imara Trust we have an in-depth knowledge of and expertise in the existing real-estate schemes and market and for the past 8 years we have been advising and assisting several of our clients in purchasing property in Mauritius.
Our specialized services include:
- Handling applications for residency permits under the relevant categories
- Professional guidance and advice on type of property that can be purchased
- Structuring of real-estate purchases through corporate structures and/or trusts
- Provision of Power-of-Attorney
- Management of rental income
- Accounting services
- Personal tax computation and filing
- Business introduction and provision of guidance on trade and finance opportunities
- Assistance in personnel recruitment
- Assistance in import of personal belongings